- Botox guide -
everything you need to know.
Botox has been around for cosmetic purposes since the late 80s and has been studied well. Please find all the info you need to help make your treatment pain free and easy.
How long does BOTOX treatment take?
- 2 to 5 minutes on average, most time is spent on consultation and consent forms.
How long does BOTOX last?
- 3 months on average
Does that mean I need to get it every three months?!
- Not exactly, some people get a little longer effect, while other people like to let it wear off a little bit and get more later, and some others just like to be wrinkle free.
How long before I start to see results?
- BOTOX takes 5-7 days to really settle in, while botox alternatives like Xeomin and Dysport can settle in a bit faster. My practice uses 95% of the time BOTOX Cosmetic.
Can I go back to work after the injection?
- Yes, most people look like they had a light facial and then about normal after 30 minutes.
Are there any restrictions?
- Yes, no exercise x 12-24 hours, no laying down x 2 hours, no yoga x 24 hours, no face down positions (like getting a massage) x 24hrs. You can go back to completely normal activities the next day.
Does it hurt?
- Most people state pain is minimal with the average pain level reported 1 out of 10.
Where is BOTOX used in the face?
- BOTOX is used in the upper 1/3 of face, this is a generalization and it is not a rule.
I've heard of eyebrows drooping and eyelid drooping, how often does this happen?
- These are real side-effects, but thankfully they are VERY rare. less than 0.05% of the time.
Are there any other side-effects I should know about?
- Headache and minor bruising are the most common. There are other side-effect risks that will be discussed in person prior to injection but are less common.
What do I do if something is wrong?
- Although this is not common, usually more tweaks with BOTOX can correct any "problems". Just be sure to give us a call.